Click to Enlarge
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe comes from The Galley Gourmet. These muffins are so easy because I usually have all these ingredients in the pantry. They came out absolutely delicious! The peanut butter keeps them so moist. I made them for my boys and they loved them. I have to admit I wanted to grab another one every time I walked by!
What You Need (makes 12 standard size muffins)
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky, smooth, or a mixture of both)
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole milk or 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 heaping cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until combined; fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup to the top. This should ensure a nice dome.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!