Click to Enlarge
Crockpot Mexican Lasagna Stack Up
This recipe came from an email with easy recipes for busy moms. The link to this actual recipe is on Family Fresh Meals. I wanted to try this recipe because the ingredients were things we normally had on hand. It was super easy to put together in the crockpot, and it tasted great. We already had some of the leftovers for dinner the next night!
What You Need (makes about 6-8 servings)
- 12-14 tortillas (I used small corn tortillas)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning
- 28oz can of tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can of black beans
- 15.5 oz can corn (or frozen)
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- any other toppings you like such as sour cream, avocado, jalapenos or sliced olives.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Lay down layer of tortillas. Each crockpot will vary in size. Mine took 4 small tortillas to cover the bottom.
Next, spread a layer of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions on top of the tomatoes.
- Next spread a layer of black beans.
- Cover beans with a layer of salsa.
- Apply a generous amount of fajita seasoning. (We didn't have fajita seasoning so we used taco seasoning)
- Next layer on your chicken. (She used cooked chicken in her recipe. We used chicken thights, cooked them quickly with some seasoning in a pan, then cut and shredded a little with a fork.)
- Cover chicken with a layer of corn.
- Top corn with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Like I said, all crockpots are different shapes and sizes. So keep layering until you are a couple inches from the top. I was able to repeat the layers 3 times. When you do reach the top, for the final layer, do a later of tortillas, topped with the rest of your tomatoes and cheese.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Top with sour cream or topping of your choice. (We used sour cream and it was the perfect touch!)