Click any image for larger view.
Dave's Own BBQ Garlic Shrimp
You will need:
- 1/2 lb. or more of jumbo prawns
- 1 ts. cayenne pepper
- 1 ts. garlic salt
- 1 ts. Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 tbs. chopped garlic
- Preheat your BBQ according to your BBQs specifications for cooking seafood or prawns.
- Place 1/2 lb. or more deveined jumbo prawns into Zip-loc bag.
- Mix 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like hot foods) and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (the kind you buy in a jar) and spread contents out equally in a square metal pan or on a cookie sheet. Spray enough Pam or nonstick cooking spray to wet the entire bottom of pan.
- Lay the shrimp out evenly on top of the garlic mixture and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of Lawry's seasoned salt (we use the Lawry's made with Tabasco red pepper) evenly over shrimp. You can also dust with a bit more cayenne if you like it spicy (we do!).
- Place the square pan of prawns on your grill for 5 minutes, then flip prawns and cook for 5 minutes on the other side. After flipping, spray a bit of lemon juice over the prawns (if you are using fresh lemons, you can add a few slices of lemon in he pan after flipping.
Serving Suggestions: Great accompaniment to BBQ tri-tip or fillet mignon.