Click to Enlarge
Our neighbors always give us fresh crabs during crab season, so we decided to make some crab cakes. We found this recipe for Maryland Crab Cakes. They are baked so they are not as greasy as most crab cakes I've had. I could have eaten every one of them! To view the complete recipe with comments, etc., visit the orininal website at food-pusher.blogspot.com.
What You Need (makes about 6 servings)
- 1 pound crabmeat, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.