Click to Enlarge
Chicken Taco Chili
We were looking for something to make for dinner one night, so I browsed my Pinterest recipes. We had all the ingredients for this Chicken Taco Chili and it sounded pretty tasty. It was easy to throw together in the crockpot and just let it sit -- which is always a plus when it comes to cleanup. We served it topped with chips, melted cheese and sour cream. It was really good and made great leftovers.
What You Need (makes about 6 servings)
*Optional toppings: Additional cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped scallions, red onion, sour cream, etc.
- 1 16 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
You can find the actual recipe here.
- Combine ingredients 1 through 14 in a slow cooker*. Stir until combined. Place uncooked chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Thirty minutes before serving, pull chicken breasts apart with two forks. Stir and continue cooking. Top with fresh cilantro or any other desired toppings.