Click to Enlarge
When I was a kid, I used to love making dinner to help out around the house. One of my favorite things to make was Hamburger Helper! When I saw this recipe posted on a friend's Facebook page, I just had to give it a try. The best thing about this recipe (besides that it is delicious) is the ingredients are so simple and almost always on hand! We've made this recipe twice already and we all enjoy it. It is so incredibly easy to throw together on a busy night.
What You Need (makes about 6 servings)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups elbow macaroni cooked
- 3/4 lb. processed cheese spread cut into 1-inch cubes
You can find the actual recipe here.
- In large skillet, cook beef until browned. Stir in water, ketchup and onion powder. Bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is cooked.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted and blended into entire mixture. Serve. (My friend said she used Tilamook mild cheddar instead of processed cheese. We have only tried it with Velveeta, but it might not hurt to try if you don't want to used processed cheese.)